First off, thanks to everyone for the positive feedback about the ministry and the awesome progress FCA is seeing on public school campuses in San Diego County. It's a joy to be a part of it and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to serve my community, schools, and the Lord as my job. What a luxury.
This morning we had our monthly staff meeting and while some of you may dread staff meetings, it's one of the highlights of my month. We get together, fellowship, share about our schools and talk about how we can communicate and work together better. Our Inland Area Representative, Jason Mills, shared a devotional about the importance of prayer and more specifically, carving out time to spend with our Lord, one on one and praying for different parts of our lives specifically.
As we shared about the impact prayer has in our ministry I realized that while I've been working at praying specifically in private, I've failed in sharing many of my prayer requests with those closest to me. So in light of the revelation that this ministry needs to share what some of our specific needs and requests are, here's are some things I'd love you all to be be praying for:
- The opportunity to share about this ministry with more people in the community.
- More youth pastors and churches who are willing to partner with FCA and use the opportunity of being on a public school campus to help disciple and influence more young people.
- Funding for my ministry costs.
- Opportunities for young people to take Project 25 and engage both the secular and faith based community.
- For 25 students from my schools to come to FCA Camp at UCLA this summer.
- For our FCA golf tournament on May 13 and the opportunity to engage new families, businesses, and community members and share our passion and vision for San Diego.
As prayer requests continue to emerge in this ministry, I will do my best to communicate them to you. We need prayer warriors in our society and one of the ways I feel I can engage you all better is to be more transparent with you all with my ministry needs and prayer requests. My boss Colin cited some great scripture from 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 this morning which states " Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." This is a real encouragement for me as I learn how to be not only a prayer warrior, but someone who prays specifically.
My challenge to you all is to pray specifically because that is what God requires of us. God may know our hearts, our joys and our struggles, but He still wants to hear it from us. Be specific in prayer, be joyful in prayer, and be thankful that we can meet our Lord anytime we want in prayer. What a blessing. Have a great day.
Posted on Mon, April 4, 2011
by Matt Clinton